Help me find this book series from my childhood! It was dark blue, and it was about unsolved mysteries, disappearances, aliens, alchemy and more.
2021.09.24 02:50 KneelorFacetheWhip Help me find this book series from my childhood! It was dark blue, and it was about unsolved mysteries, disappearances, aliens, alchemy and more.
They are NOT the book series based on the show Unsolved Mysteries. They were rather thin books, and there were quite a few of them. PLEASE help!!! They were awesome and I'd like to find a copy of them somewhere!!
submitted by KneelorFacetheWhip to whatsthatbook [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 WHOISTIRED Overview on skilling and regular polls.
Possibly Rework Polling?
I'd figure I would put this in here, originally I was going to look directly over polls in general and just the basic points as you see above and some below, but after going through I figured I might as well just do an overview of each skill and show how drastic OSRS could have been and developed around extra skills, and honestly I was curious myself to why each skill failed and personally wanted to see the overview of the skills in general to see what was offered since it's been a long time since I had seen them.
- Look at pre existing polls
- generic polls like zulrah
- Blowpipe poll
- Simple generic polls depending on percentage
- if passed go more in detail about what could or should be done
- this is a GUARANTEE pass unless if majorly shown to be negative
- Can also vote to skip question, if enough % skip they can either revisit poll or completely void it.
- Skip SHOULD BE UTILIZED MORE AS A PLAYER BASE AS IF YOU'RE UNSURE THIS DEFINITELY SHOWS IT
Total votes 125,147
Yes 66.4% (82,633 votes)
No 33.6% (41,726 votes)
Skip question 788 votes
Total votes 73,796
Yes 67.9% (50,131 votes)
No 32.1% (23,665 votes)
- Sailing https://secure.runescape.com/m=forum/forums?380,381,217,65675810
- New entire skill with minor relation to other skill integration
- Movement will be similar to character movement(i.e ur a literal ship)
- Random scenario based encounters
- Underwater Caverns
- Be able to deboard ship and explore cavern
- Higher level means higher exploration and rewards
- Random encounters
- Defending scenario
- monster encounters, ex. kraken
- x marks spot, island mini encounter(treasure)
- cyclone(old school random aggressive encounter you need to escape)
- Will reward you dependent on these random encounters
- Nagivation https://i.imgur.com/5mj8ZLI.png
- Separate areas you are able to go to
- add specific things to your ship for longer trips
- Will reward small amount of xp for builds
- See if the ship is compatible to sail
- Modify with upgrades to increase integrity
- Sell or Sail
- Level rewards
- New location
- Gemstone Caverns
- Gemstone dragons
- Dragon Crossbow, Dragon Warhammer, and Zenyte(all currently in game, which was obvious it was to be brought in)
- Gemstone creatures
- Also to bring
- Fossil Island
- New dungeons
- New resources
- Augury and Rigour
- Island of Atlandys
- New races
Total votes 47,001
Yes 56.6% (26,584 votes)
No 43.4% (20,417 votes)
Each of these skills brought unique items and ways of obtaining items as well as doing the skills themselves, they also brought content that was not initially passed in the skill itself into the game regardless. E.G Redwoods, DWH, Dragon Cbow, Similar thought process of PoH additions Personally I believe we could have benefited from not 1 but all of these skills, not because of specifically for having a skill, but the endless content it would bring, new bosses that revolve around Magic and Sailing, maybe new items created directly from those boss kills that directly lead to Artisan. Like Mat K said and I agree myself, there is a possibility we may never even receive a skill now. Not only from the Jagex team providing one(maybe they have enough morale for one last one or look back at these 3 individual ones), As well as not because we don't want one, but because the community is so split and indecisive on what they want so new skill polls will ALWAYS fail because of the high standards polls have
- Artisan https://secure.runescape.com/m=forum/a=13/sl=0/forums?380,381,38,65435521 (Final Dev Blog https://secure.runescape.com/m=forum/forums?380,381,82,65455088 )
- Learn how to combine different skills to make new items
- Trained similar to slayer, assignment to gather resources.
- New items, resources, and monsters added immediately to be introduced with skill https://i.imgur.com/2n28Rqt.png
- 2H Cbows
- Dependent on skill level and artisan level to which items you can be assigned https://i.imgur.com/22yzgKF.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/iRXHTMq.png )
- Low level to high level items
- Tin to Silver from master 1, Addy to Rune from master 5
- Logs to Ash logs 1, Magic to Redwood 5
- Shrimp to Pike 1, Lobster to Dark crab 5
- Red feathers to polar kebbit fur 1, Red chin to great kyatt fur 5
- Either turn or use these resources to create an item for XP
- Asked to collect 160 Pure essences
- If asked for a crafting you can create these 160 into elemental runes to also gain RC xp and Artisan XP
- you will need to use an artisan workshop to create these items
- Artisan points
- Can unblock/block tasks, skills
- increase the amount of resources to gather or items to create
- Can create new things based on 3 different skills
- Create carvings https://i.imgur.com/aZdYwRK.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/vASyfIu.png )
- Neck pieces give a chance to recieve extra ore from the next 28 ore you mine(has to be equivalent of the one you make)
- Artisan Tools https://i.imgur.com/2K7hHP5.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/aNMFyl6.png )
- Increase chances of getting gems
- Increase chances of getting birds nest
- Equippable hammer
- Equippable Harpoon
- Swordfish harpoon increases the chances of getting swordfish rather than tuna
- Totems https://i.imgur.com/BHhcTCx.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/DYE29vl.png )
- Assortment of totems that increase various skills depending on which totem made
- Woodcutting, River, Cooking, Regrowth, Crafting, Sea, Farming, Smithing, Healing, Hunting, Herb, Nesting, Energy, Mining, Runecrafting, Fishing, Fruit, Tree, Allotment
- Usually double items got from skilling
- Can also randomly TP you to a random, but specific area
- 2 Handed Crossbow https://i.imgur.com/mgdQnbL.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/bJ6Se9V.png )
- Overall slower than Crossbow, but hits insanely hard through defenses(from what it seems)
- However max Cbow(ELM) is a lot weaker than ACB
- Slow Burners https://i.imgur.com/4eJJWAe.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/jnU6Ll8.png )
- increase to XP burning and also increase duration of burn
- Combining runes https://i.imgur.com/LyQrzS3.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/NYr9t03.png)
- Extra combination runes that are created
- Only made in the Artisans Workshop
- Skilling Bracelets https://i.imgur.com/gqNe1m7.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/Eav8oup.png )
- Similar to Slayer helmet but specific to Artisan
- Degrades over time and will need specific skill level to equip
- PoH bonuses https://i.imgur.com/LPvm7wC.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/xR2f3Ih.png )
- Create/Build Figurines in PoH reduces the chances of resources being used when crafting an item
- Clothing https://i.imgur.com/FZILqTV.png (UPDATE IN FINAL DEV BLOG https://i.imgur.com/11jYPRF.png https://i.imgur.com/Scl3OvQ.png )
- Resources that you gather also are used to make useful clothing for the skill
- Introduces cotton as a plot to grow
- Some clothing can provide effects to help increase level or generic magic/cosmetic clothes.
- Why polls are a thing
- Players didn't trust company
- only specific % of players who actually stayed from Start to Present. Check the "About you" poll to show why we wanted OSRS, hint it's definitely the combat system
- player base every so changing
- creates a discourse of what is actually needed vs what is wanted
- Company had to show their cards
- To keep a balance for what players think they want and what they actually want
- Certain polls/updates go through anyways after enough.
The list does go on.
This is a brief look at Major and Minor polls, Jagex has definitely proved time and time again that they NEED to do things and step in regardless of polls(minus the HD situation lol). The player base has changed drastically as it has been getting close to a decade since OSRS release and that there's a lot more veterans than ever before. If you suggest that there is a better way of going about the polls then please offer your insight, however this is one of many things that need to be looked at when trying to fight for the longevity of the game. Polling definitely is a great idea and should still be in the game as getting rid of it gives less of the players any sort of option/pull they have on the content they want/need.
Some things definitely should not be polled(I would have loved to see GIM fail as a reason to reinforce my statement, but at the same time pass because there's no reason for it to NOT be in the game). Others definitely do need to be polled, now what would that be? I'm not sure, maybe things Jagex is unsure of themselves they should work on/add to slap it in a poll?
I've been here pretty much since the beginning, I was ecstatic when they announced the release of Zeah, sure it was a hot pile of shit, but you know what it brought out the best content and I knew from the start that it was the content we needed, barren then, thriving now.
Also this is not some sort of personal point that I am trying to make, if I would have made it personal I could still say I have content that I may need to do and this and that and would like this instead of that, but I'm realistically looking at it in a way of improving the overall experience for new players and veterans. I want the game to thrive personally and more content whether it's an over abundance of it might not be a bad thing, as long as there's no power creep when it comes to it then more the merrier.
Maybe I'm wrong? Maybe I don't know what I'm talking about, but from the polls themselves as an identifier we are getting less content and less polls here. There is about a 50% decrease in polls from 2020 and 2021 in comparison to the other years, maybe Covid has something to deal with this directly somehow? Sure polls are polls and maybe less is better as they are more thought out, but 2019 was packed full of updates with Warding being in it as well. Perhaps someone could do a report on votes to polls average and amounts, I probably could but that would take me a minute. At any rate, I hope that whoever is reading just doesn't scroll through, sees warding and says "warding bad" "sailing good" and "wtf is artisan" you brainlet.
submitted by WHOISTIRED
to 2007scape [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 ccamerronn 😳
2021.09.24 02:50 OtakuVisualArts Megurine Luka by Haruka
2021.09.24 02:50 ElliotSylvie Am I staring? I’m staring aren’t I… ? Your look of disgust tells me that I must be staring.
2021.09.24 02:50 SuchAdministration38 Took the opportunity to photograph My Aqua Terra in some studio lighting during a recent shoot. I think it looks pretty good!
2021.09.24 02:50 Ok-Memory4231 does anyone know the password you need to get on Michael Kirkbride's tumblr?
michaelkirkbride.tumblr.com/ wanted to see some morrowind concept art that I've never seen before.
submitted by Ok-Memory4231 to Morrowind [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 PWsmeemaw Guinea pig has bladder stone and needs surgery
Has anyone had successful results? We lost our last guinea pig in surgery for the same thing and I’m concerned we’re going to lose this one too.
submitted by PWsmeemaw to guineapigs [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 kalmecimlu Aliexpress Coupon 20$
Here is the Aliexpress Coupon 20$
And also you can find more coupon codes, deals, discounts, promo codes on there.
submitted by kalmecimlu to AliexpressCouponFind [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 OriginalNinja7947 Habrá un héroe que pase los vídeos de la Mónica Girón ?
2021.09.24 02:50 PalaioPASOKPanteiou Polis 24: Λισσαβώνα, Πορτογαλία. Ομάδα μεταναστών με καταγωγή από Σομαλία έχει επιτεθεί σε τουρίστα και τον χτυπάνε για να τους δώσει τα χρήματα του. Ένας εξ αυτών το βιντεοσκοπει. Οι δράστες συνελήφθησαν μετά από την αστυνομία που βρήκε το βίντεο στα κοινωνικά δίκτυα.
submitted by PalaioPASOKPanteiou to greece [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 beckastark english major advisor recs?
i’m looking to declare my major soon but i have no idea who in the english department to approach. anyone have recommendations? preferably someone nice and helpful and competent.
submitted by beckastark to williamandmary [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 33Brian33 Elon posted Safemoon logo ? (Looks like it XD)
2021.09.24 02:50 Stannajose Fred Hampton - Fire with Water
2021.09.24 02:50 Pyr0TECNIC Getting kicked to desktop when loading into game
Whenever I try to load into a game in csgo I get kicked to desktop. It isn't a crash because csgo is still running in the background but I can't close it out. In task manager it says csgo is not responding but I can't end task because csgo is supposed to be running on my screen so I can't interact with other applications. I keep having to turn off my PC and try again but no luck. Anyone know the issue?
submitted by Pyr0TECNIC to csgo [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 queentato Parachute Duvet Insert
Does anyone have the Parachute Home duvet insert? Can you tell me if it has loops on all four corners that the ties on the inside of the duvet cover can be secured to? I tried contacting customer service but they seemed very confused by my question. If it it matters, I'm looking at the lightweight down alternative in twin. Thanks in advance!
submitted by queentato to Bedding [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 LoGUN_556 just a check to see if I'm unbanned yet.
submitted by LoGUN_556 to teenagers [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 dead_clownbaby Mad Jack Ramkin?
2021.09.24 02:50 prawnbiryani 💗☁🍦🌸🧁🤍🦩
2021.09.24 02:50 Patodelmonte And now we wait!
2021.09.24 02:50 MexWevC Ley de los Sospechosos. Es la autoridad sumándose al hambre de persecución fomentada por el entorno político que nació de un sistema y solo acrecentó su disfuncionalidad en este gobierno.
2021.09.24 02:50 251Cane Bang bang
submitted by 251Cane to funny [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 cleverusername0110 Tips to make it to June
I'm looking for tips to make it through to June. I loved my job, still do love parts of it. However, this pandemic has worn my frustration tolerance down, and things that I'd usually be able to overcome in the before-times now push me to the edge. I'm realizing that I may need to leave the classroom at the end of the year, if not permanently then at least for a while. Please give me your tips to help me get to June. I'm a decade into teaching science, but my first at my current grade levels. I'm also being evaluated this year since I'm in a new district.
submitted by cleverusername0110 to Teachers [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 Tidjy Swissborg: Up to €100 bonus rewards
submitted by Tidjy to referralcodes [link] [comments]
2021.09.24 02:50 Tamagotchi41 What song instantly brings you to your favorite television episode/moment and what emotion does it bring up?
submitted by Tamagotchi41 to AskReddit [link] [comments]